BRAD Banish Recycling And Disposal Program
At Banish, recycling is something that we feel very passionately about, so much so that we're using TerraCycle Zero Waste Boxes to offer an end-to-end solution for some of those hard-to-recycle household items. We launched in Banish Recycling and Disposal Program (BRAD) in November 2020 to help Australians do just that.
Did you know that only 4% of the plastic that has ever been made has been recycled? We're trying to grow this number significantly through TerraCycle's Zero Waste Box solution.
Plus, for every package you send us you'll receive a $15 voucher to spend online.
What you can recycle with us
We don't discriminate which is why we're offering recycling for all brands and products not just the ones sold on Banish. Here's a list of what you can recycle via the program.
- Toothpaste tubes, floss containers and old plastic toothbrushes via Colgate's Oral Care Recycling Program
- Electric toothbrush heads
- Medical ointment tubes
- Hair gel tubes and caps
- Hair paste plastic jars and caps
- Lip balm tubes
- Face soap dispensers and tubes
- Lotion bottles, tubes, dispensers, and jars
- Shaving foam tubes (no cans)
- Plastic razors and blades via the Gillette Recycling Program
- Lip gloss tubes
- Mascara tubes
- Eye liner pencils and cases
- Eye shadow tubes
- Concealer tubes and sticks
- Medical blister packs
- Spray or pump from cleaning products
- Coffee pods
- Plastic bottle top lids
- Party supplies and dining disposables (single-use cutlery and straws)
- Prescription drug packaging (blister packs)
- Plastic bread tags
- Writing pens, highlighters, biros and markers
- Correction fluid pots and tape (empty only)
If you have any items that you are unsure about head to our FAQ page or send me an email and I can let you know if they are suitable or not, firstname.lastname@example.org
What we don't accept
Unfortunately we do not accept the following:
- Prescription bottles
- Inhalers and Asthma puffers
- Insulin pens
- Webster Packs
- Aerosol cans
- Perfume bottles
- Nail polish bottles and nail polish remover bottles
- Electronic items such as blow dryers and straighteners
- Bio-medical or bio-hazardous waste including syringes
- Glue sticks, pencils, erasers, rulers and cutting implements
How to start recycling with us
1. Get collecting! Wait until you've got enough products to fill an old shoe box or compostable satchel. Once you do, it's time to get recycling.
2. Throw your products into an old box or satchel with a piece of paper with your full name and email address on it. Send it to:
Banish Recycling Program
866 Bourke Street,
Waterloo NSW 2017.
3. When we receive your package we will send you a confirmation email and a $15 voucher to spend online.
What happens to the products that we recycle?
Watch the video below to find out about the full process.
1. No wish-cycling: only send in products and items that you know can be recycled via the program. If you are unsure about a product or have any questions please email email@example.com
2. Clean and green: one of the most important things you need to do is make sure that the items your sending back to us are nice and clean. All that TerraCycle asks that you empty your products out as much as possible.
3. Keep it dry: we don't want a soggy satchel ruining the post which is why it is important that everything is dry when it's posted to us. Rinse, dry then ship!
4. Hazards away: These include items such as batteries, lithium-ion batteries, pressurized canisters (including aerosols), pesticides, oil-based paint or medical sharps, organics, broken glass, biomedical waste, soiled diapers, or expired medication.Do not send in anything sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, radioactive, toxic, infectious, or pathogenic.
Terms and conditions
To be eligible for a voucher please send in at least five items and there is a limit of 1 return per customer per calendar month.
Vouchers are not redeemable with any other offer, you can only use one voucher per order. Vouchers have a 180 day expiry period and are only valid on orders over $50.
If you have any questions head to our FAQ page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.