Banish Recycling And Disposal Program
At Banish, recycling is something that we feel very passionately about, so much so that we're using TerraCycle Zero Waste Boxes to offer an end-to-end solution for some of those hard-to-recycle household items.
Did you know that only 9% of the plastic that has ever been made has been recycled? We're trying to grow this number significantly through TerraCycle's Zero Waste Box solution.
Plus, for every package you send us you'll receive a $15 voucher to spend online.
What you can recycle with us
We don't discriminate which is why we're offering recycling for all brands and products not just the ones sold on Banish. Here's a list of what you can recycle via the program.
- Shampoo bottles and caps
- Conditioner bottles and caps
- Hair gel tubes and caps
- Hair spray bottles and triggers
- Hair paste plastic jars and caps
- lip balm tubes
- Face soap dispensers and tubes
- Lotion bottles, tubes, dispensers, and jars
- Shaving foam tubes (no cans)
- Lip gloss tubes
- Mascara tubes
- Eye liner pencils and cases
- Eye Shadow tubes
- Concealer tubes and sticks
- Cleaning accessories (spray bottles)
- Disposable coffee cups
- Coffee and tea accessories (coffee pods)
- Party supplies and dining disposables (single-use cutlery)
- Prescription drug packaging (blister packs)
If you have any items that you are unsure about please send me an email and I can let you know if they are suitable or not, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept aerosol cans, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles, and nail polish remover bottles,electronic items such as blow dryers and straighteners, any bio-medical or bio-hazardous waste or any contents of packaging such as nail-polish, lotion, soap or ointments.
Here is a downloadable PDF of what you can recycle with B.R.A.D.
How to start recycling with us
1. Get collecting! Wait until you've got enough products to fill an old shoe box or compostable satchel. Once you do, it's time to get recycling.
2. Throw your products into an old box or satchel with a piece of paper with your full name and email address on it. Send it to:
Banish Recycling Program
Parcel Locker 10141 88307
93 Grafton Street,
Bondi Junction NSW 2022.
3. When we receive your package we will send you a confirmation email and a $15 voucher to spend online.
What happens to the products that we recycle?
Watch the video below to find out about the full process.
1. No wish-cycling: only send in products and items that you know can be recycled via the program. If you are unsure about a product or have any questions please email email@example.com
2. Clean and green: one of the most important things you need to do is make sure that the items your sending back to us are nice and clean. All that TerraCycle asks that you empty your products out as much as possible.
3. Keep it dry: we don't want a soggy satchel ruining the post which is why it is important that everything is dry when it's posted to us. Rinse, dry then ship!
4. Hazards away: These include items such as batteries, lithium-ion batteries, pressurized canisters (including aerosols), pesticides, oil-based paint or medical sharps, organics, broken glass, biomedical waste, soiled diapers, or expired medication.Do not send in anything sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, radioactive, toxic, infectious, or pathogenic.
Terms and conditions
To be eligible for a voucher please send in at least five items and there is a limit of 1 return per customer per month.