By Lottie Dalziel
Banish started from a New Years resolution. In 2018 one of my goals was simply to reduce my ecological footprint, it wasn’t an ambitious one it but look how far it has come.
Yes, from a government and business perspective setting specific and tangible goals is an effective way to reduce environmental impact but I would argue that the best goals for individuals are the ones that aren’t tangible and measurable.
Notice that I won’t use any words like stop and quit but reducing, cutting down and less. The most important thing to remember when you’re reducing your ecological footprint is that doing something is better than doing nothing.
1. Reduce your meat intake
2. Cut down your use of single use plastic
3. Fly less
4. Shop responsibly, support sustainable businesses
5. Consume less packaged foods
6. Walk more, drive less
7. Mend and repair clothing before buying new
9. Pick up rubbish and ocean trash when you can
9. Use less electricity at home
10. Make sustainable changes towards a waste-free beauty routine
11. Reduce your water usage
What are your goals for this year? Comment them below, I'd love to see them. Good luck!