Did you know that dry body brushing is a 5000-year-old science originating in India and is believed by many to be the oldest healing science!? Never heard of it before? It's not rocket science it is using a dry brush on your body – but this simple practice has some benefits that are something to brag about.
Having a daily brush has these benefits (and more!):
- Improved blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. Brushing aids in the release of toxins as it encourages the body’s discharge of metabolic wastes so your body is able to run more efficiently. Make sure you pay extra attention to your lymphatic nodes in your underarm and groin areas.
- Exfoliates dead skin and reduces ingrown hairs allowing your skin to feel smoother and softer.
- Reduce skin conditions such as Psoriasis, Keratosis Pilaris, Eczema and other dry skin conditions.
- Reduces cellulite, that's right ladies dry body brushing helps get everything moving and is credited to a reduction in cellulite.
- Reduces stress and is also known as a self-love ritual!
- Before you jump in the shower or bath is prime body brushing time.
- Beginning at your feet work your way up towards your heart. Use a combo of long brush strokes and circular motions always doing a minimum of seven strokes before moving on.
- After the bottoms of your feet brush your ankles, then move up to the lower legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms.
- Be careful on soft skin, for example, your stomach and boobs and use a different brush on your face.
- Pay extra attention to your lymph nodes making sure to stimulate and flush out your nodes.
Use a Tea Tree Essential Oil on the bristles after every use of your brush. Tea Tree is a powerful bactericide, killing a broad spectrum of bacteria and some stubborn fungi. For an extra clean brush wash the brush bristles once a week with hot soapy water, press into a towel to remove excess moisture and leave in a well-ventilated area to dry.
Banish recommends the Bodecare dry body brush range, available now.
Deluxe Dry Body Brush - This non-toxic dry body brush has not been sprayed with chemicals. It is a handheld dry body brush with a premium canvas hand strap is traditionally crafted in Europe and made of the finest Tampico plant bristles.
Bodecare's Japanese Body Brush is a medium bristle suitable for beginners to dry brushing. It is made with high-quality Sisal fibre from the Agave plant, cut on a curve to hug the body as you brush.